Senior Risk Manager – Vice-President, Private Equity Investments (m/f) 100%
The position will be based in our offices in Dubai or Mauritius.
Duties and responsibilities
– Responsible for qualitative and quantitative investment risk management, covering the firm’s private equity funds;
– Responsible for providing independent assessment of investment risks in all relevant risk categories (e.g. country, counter-party, investment structuring, concession, financing, market), both at the underlying investment and portfolio levels;
– Provide recommendations during the investment execution phase;
– Monitor investments on an ongoing basis and prepare risk reports for the Board;
– Monitor alignment of investments with the funds’ investment strategy;
– Cooperate with other corporate functions in order to strengthen the framework of protections against behaviours non-compliant with external regulations, internal business rules and investment philosophy.
Skills and specifications
– University degree (MA, MSc. Level) in financial/economic disciplines, completed by CFA, FRM or equivalent qualification;
– At least 5 years of relevant working experience as a risk manager for a private equity / direct investments firm;
– Experience with direct investments is a must, ideally also in frontier markets (Sub-Saharan Africa);
– Knowledge of international laws applicable to investment management activities is highly appreciated;
– Proven ability to identify and address risks issues based on past experience;
– Strong analytical skills and ability to work under pressure, in a confident and timely manner;
– Influential personality, able to take responsibilities, with strong work ethic and personal integrity;
– International background, used to work in a multicultural environment and to cope with a flexible and fast growing working environment. Ability to cope with high level stakeholders;
– Advanced skills in MS Office (in particular advanced Excel user) and sound comprehension of IT applications for the Asset Management industry;
– Fluent English, any other language a nice-to-have.
Interested in this exciting job opportunity? Please send your complete application (CV and motivation letter in English) to the attention of Mrs. Yana Faber.
All applications will be treated as confidential.
|Job Category||Private Equity|