Senior Risk Officer, Investment Management
Quantum Global is a fast growing international investment partner with unique expertise in forging gateway opportunities between Africa and international markets.
Quantum Global Investment Management (QGIM)’s core expertise is to provide independent investment management and advisory services to institutional clients, either in Africa or for those with a special interest in Africa. QGIM’s core strength is to build long-term partnerships with our clients with a focus on investment performance and solutions.
To be based at our headquarters in the heart of Zug, we are currently looking for a Senior Risk Officer, Investment Management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as an expert for all investment risk related topics;
- Perform risk analyses internally and for clients with monthly risk reporting, and answer ad-hoc requests;
- Identify and monitor market risks and portfolio activities to ensure sound management of assets in line with clients’ risk profile;
- Pro-actively work with the Investment Team to strengthen the risk management and investment process. This includes performance attributions that identify risks/sources of return as well as scenario analysis;
- Participate and produce relevant insight for monthly Investment Committee meetings;
- Prepare and present quarterly succinct but extensive risk assessment to the Board of Directors, covering market, counterparty, liquidity, IT, operational and other risks;
- Work closely with Operations & Investment Controlling and software provider to improve processes (from data to visual output) that are relevant to the business and to the risk management function;
- Work closely the Risk Management Officer of Quantum Global’s Mauritius-based Private Equity operations and capitalize on synergies;
- Work strictly with other corporate functions (i.e. Compliance, Legal) in order to strengthen the framework of protections against behaviours non-compliant with external regulations, internal business rules and investment philosophy.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in financial/economic disciplines or similar education; CFA, FRM or equivalent qualification is a plus;
- At least 5 years experience in a renowned financial institution in a risk management function;
- Sound experience in the asset management industry with exposure to Equities, Bonds, Derivatives and Hedge Funds;
- Deep understanding of Equities performance and risk drivers;
- Knowledge of Swiss and international laws applicable to investment management activities is highly appreciated;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work self-driven, under pressure, in a confident and timely manner and to cope with high level stakeholders;
- Result-driven, fast thinker with authority and an independent mind-set, eager of taking responsibilities;
- International background, used to work in a multicultural environment and to cope with a flexible and fast moving working environment;
- Strong working ethics, dedication and personal integrity;
- Profound knowledge of IT applications for the Asset Management industry and experience with risk tools such as Bloomberg PORT, Barra®One or RiskMetrics;
- Sound experience with quantitative research platforms and know-how of quantitative financial models;
- Fluent English, German and/or Portuguese a plus.
Are you interested? We are looking forward to hearing from you. Please send your application electronically (CV in English) to Mr. Bertrand Lanxade via our website. All applications will be treated as confidential.
|Job Category||Investment Management|