Private Equity (Senior) Associate
QG Investments Africa Management (QGIAM), a company of the Quantum Global group, is a fast-growing Mauritius-based investment manager. QGIAM manages seven Sub-Saharan Africa focused private equity funds that target direct investments in agriculture, timber, healthcare, hospitality, infrastructure, mining and structured equity. The private equity team invests in greenfield and brownfield projects, in which they seek majority or minority shareholdings with the goal of creating long-term value for investors.
To support its aggressive expansion plan in Sub-Saharan Africa, QGIAM is now looking for career-minded professionals with the appropriate credentials and the appetite to work in Sub-Saharan Africa in the capacity of Private Equity (Senior) Associate.
Based in Mauritius and reporting into the Senior Investment Managers, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities
- Analysing potential investments, conducting research and due diligence in emerging markets, mainly in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Developing financial models and valuations
- Preparing business plans for green and brownfield investments across the asset spectrum
- Supporting the execution of investments end-to-end with a heavy focus on supporting the Investment Managers throughout the Transaction process
- Managing stakeholders and advisor through the investment and due diligence process
- Training and mentorship of the analyst pool.
Skills and specifications
- 3-6 years’ experience in a top-tier investment bank, private equity firm or sector specific operational company
- Degree in finance, economics or business administration with record of academic achievement with post graduate qualifications preferred (CFA, MBA, ACCA)
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills – Ability to build detailed financial models a must
- Living and working experience in emerging markets (Sub-Saharan Africa) are welcome
- Affinity and enthusiasm for African business development
- Availability to travel internationally
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required and Portuguese speakers will be highly regarded as well as any other language widely spoken in Sub-Saran Africa prior professional experience in any of QGIAM’s target sectors offers the candidate a clear advantage.
QGIAM offers an international business atmosphere and opportunity for professional development under the supervision of a team of talented senior private equity professionals. Both Associates and Senior Associates will be involved in multiple large scale projects that are expected to have significant economic impact in Sub-Saharan Africa. Want to make a difference in Africa?
If this opportunity sparks your interest, please send your CV and motivational letter in English to Mrs. Yana Faber, HR Manager. All applications will be treated as confidential.
|Job Category||Private Equity|